Telecommunications Cost Control Techniques
If you are wavering on the decision as to whether or not to implement telecom cost control procedures for your business, you should do it. Why? The ability to save money on telecommunications is all about one word…control. Also, note that according to a recent national study survey, telecom expenses are now one of the top three expenses for fortune 500 companies and most other companies today.
Saving You Money
There are over one hundred sensible cost control and telecom cost savings techniques that you can implement in your telecom department that can help immediately. Here are some of the main ones that professional telecom cost control consultants use:
- Implement company policy for telecommunications control.
- Inventory your telecom services.
- Ask your telecommunication vendors how they can help you save your business money.
- Chart your telecom expense and savings, show your management the money.
- Centralize telecom ordering and billing across the enterprise for better control.
- Disable the ability to call 411, operator information, on the network.
- Implement security controls.
- Check telecommunications taxes and surcharges on your phone bill.
- Make sure your cell phone usage matches your wireless carrier contract.
- Check old call forwarding lines, do you still need them? This is a huge part of telecom cost savings.
- Find out how much you are really paying per minute in long distance.
- What time increments are billed for your long distance services?
- Do traffic studies on your PBX or VOIP services, are you way under voice traffic capacity?
- Examine the type of local phone service do you have and its appropriateness.
- Review and negotiate old telecom contracts, take advantage of new phone company promotions for savings.
- Implement telecommunications audit training for your employees. Teach them about telecom cost savings.
And the most important piece of advice you can get? Do as hundreds of sucessful companies have done and have a professional telecommunications auditor from BottaBoom implement your telecom cost control and telecom cost savings plan for your business.